Momma Wanderlust – Cultural Family Travel Blog
I’m Tykesha, a wife and momma with a major case of wanderlust. But I’m also the writer, voice, and photographer behind Momma Wanderlust. I launched Momma Wanderlust at the end of 2018 with the mission to encourage and inspire parents to travel with their children to unique places. My aim is to help parents to find fun ways to explore the heart of each destination by incorporating a bit of history and culture into every family trip. As part of that, I provide recommendations and guidance on destinations, historical and cultural tours, accommodations, activities, and itineraries.
Why Work With Momma Wanderlust?
I’m one of the few family travel bloggers who are also an expert on Black history and culture. I’ve traveled to all seven continents. And as a family, we’ve stayed in large resorts, small cabins, and remote tiny homes.
High-Quality Photography and Writing
I’m a journalist by trade and have written and produced for television news outlets, as well as provided freelance writing services for print, and online magazines. I have also provided high-quality photography assets for clients including images that have been used in a destination marketing organization promotional brochure.
I enjoy working with brands that help to make family travel easier. My readers trust my opinion, which is why I only like to partner with brands that my family uses and loves. As a brand ambassador, my aim is to create and share amazing content for brands that my family loves and to expose my readers to the brands, so they will love them as well. All reviews on my blog are my unadulterated opinions. I also don’t allow guest posts on my website, and we never promote any products or services that we don’t truly love.
I maintain a $1 million E&O policy, through Berkshire Hathaway. I’ve never had a claim. My current policy goes through 2023.
How We Can Collaborate
- Travel and product campaigns with blog and social promotion
- Trip sponsorships/press trips
- Professional photography and photo assets
- Video Creation
- Social Media Campaigns
- Sponsored Posts
- Brand Representative/ambassador for products that I’m passionate about
- Tour and Activity Reviews
I am also open to ideas, if you have something in mind that isn’t listed, please reach out to me, so we can discuss it further.
High Life (British Airways In-flight Magazine)
Travel World International Magazine
- Why TN’s Nearest Green Distillery is a Must-Visit
- 3 New England Weekend Getaways Perfect for fall
- The Top 5 Southern Cities PERFECT for Remote Working
- How to Spend 48 Hours in Wilmington, DE
- Thomasville, Georgia: A Charming Weekend Getaway
- Black Press USA – NNPA Women Making Money Moves
- Washington Post How to Plan a Family Vacation that Everyone Will Enjoy
- CNN Travel They’re digital nomads. They’re people of color. Here’s how they make it work
- Haven Life How Parents Are Approaching Spring Break Ideas during COVID
- The Expedition Meet: Tykesha Burton, Writer, History Maven, Travel-Loving Mom
- City Lifestyle Get Me Outta Here! For Families Seeking Outdoor Adventures, Travel Writer Tykesha Burton Has Plenty of Ideas
- She’s Wanderful 20 Family Travel Creators to Follow Right Now
- Travel Coterie 15 Black Families Who Will Inspire You to Travel
- Essence.com These Jetsetting Kids Will Make You Want to Step Your Travel Game Up
- Sisters from AARP What to Know About Living and Working Abroad Right Now
Examples of Branded Content
- Blog: Content Creation These Custom Tees make a Cute Summer Outfit for the Family
- Blog: Content Creation Creating a Car Survival Kit with Cricut
- Blog: Content Creation Teaching Kids Manners with Cricut
- Social Media Campaigns: Instagram Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Resort – Delaware Beaches
- Social Media Post: Instagram Shake Shack New Summer Menu
A Few Brands I’ve Partnered With